Friday, March 9, 2012

Top Ten with my Fingers Crossed

What a month! Just found out one of my stories is a top ten finalist in the Saints and Sinners (sasfest.com)writing contest. "Divine Hand" was a great match for their theme (saints and sinners). It's about an expose reporter who goes undercover at a gay-to-straight conversion camp. Eventually, he decides to come to the rescue of a few abused campers, but not because he's a good person.

It has a real shot at number one and they asked for a bio so it's going to be my fourth published piece either way. I have to thank my sister-in-law, Flower Conroy, a brilliant poet and gorgeous human being, for making me aware of the contest. (Check out her collection "Escape to Nowhere") I also have to thank my wonderful partner Shane, who helped me edit the holy hell out of "Divine Hand".

More to come!
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment